cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

can the 8600 scan from a memory card

HP Recommended

I am trying to download pictures using the HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer.Can I scan the memory card in? Please help. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 10
4,871 4,858 300 931
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello pangard

To clarify, are you trying to copy the pictures from your memory card to the computer? You are just using the memory card interface on the Officejet 8600?

If so you can access the Memory Card on your Officejet 8600 by following the steps below. (The steps below are for Windows XP, Vista, and 7. If you do not have either please clarify what operating system you have.)

Go to "My Computer" and at the top should be "Map Network Drive". Here you will add the printer IP address as such ex. \\192.168.1.100\memory_card\ and you can also choose the drive letter. This should map your printer memory cards to that drive letter. If you have any problems let me know.

FOR MAC

I found a thread by ShlomiL that explains how to do the same steps on Mac OSX.

How to download photos from memory card in Officejet Pro 8600 Plus to Mac computer

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation