Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hello, i have a laserjet p3015 printer and want to change the ip adress. i think it can be solved on the printer, but i don't now how. can somebody help me?

erik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Since this printer doesnot have display IP address needs to be changed from computer, for that could you please provide more info like is the printer already assigned ip address?, which is the O\S used on computer?

Also you can refer the following link.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Since this printer doesnot have display IP address needs to be changed from computer, for that could you please provide more info like is the printer already assigned ip address?, which is the O\S used on computer?

Also you can refer the following link.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=...

HP Recommended
hello, thanks for your reply. but i use the printer in a network. in the printer display is an old ip adress. and i want to change that. so it is already assigned to a ip adress. what you mean bij o/s i dont now.

can you help me?
HP Recommended

Hi,

O\S refer to operating System, Please refer the link above which has options to ste manual ip address,

Please refer under I\O Menu options.

HP Recommended

hello, thank you verry much for your help! the problem has been solved.

erik

HP Recommended

Hi erik,

Its good to know that the problem has been solved.

HP Recommended

My office has just bought new P3015 printer and I want to change its address to IPv4 static 192.168.0.242.

This option doesn't seem to be available for IPv4 on printer menu, though it IS available for IPv6.

I'm using Windows 8 (64bit).

If I need software to change the address - what software and where do I get it from?

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Printer IP address can be changed from printer EWS page.

Please refer link below to know how to change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llYNMNKJMX4

HP Recommended

thanks - this worked fine..

S

HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.