cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
73goo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

don't see product on printer list on computer

HP Recommended
hp officejet 6310
Vista

Hello,  have not been able to print for awhile now. I went into printers on my lap top and this printer is not listed. Then I tried to reinstall using the hp software included with my purchase. This did not work. I tried to add a new printer to my printer screen and that did not work. I don't know what else to do? My computer is a Toshiba lap top, vista 32, a usb connection. I am a newbee.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
mchrist152
Level 6
Level 6
416 415 9 89
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There's a couple of things here.  First, try the Print and scan doctor available here:

Print and Scan Doctor download

Assuming you haven't been able to install the software, the print and scan doctor should take you to the latest software on the web.  You can also download and install the latest software here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-47754-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

also, you might want to consider upgrading to Windows 7.  Vista is one of the most problematic OS's out there.

Let me know how the above goes.

Mike

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation