cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kapiwhitfield
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

error installing new 4630 e all in one to windows xp workstation with usb

HP Recommended

error installing new 4630 e all in one to windows xp workstation with usb

cannot install this hardware error occured during this installation of the device the specified module could not be found

local printer trying to connect with usb. just purchased the printers.

Tried:

loading hp dectect to detect printer, can not detect it

loaded diagnostic says nothing is wrong

loaded drivers form hp website

if i go into device manager the comptuers does see the printer there, with a ! next to it saying drivers are not loaded, but cant get the drivers to load.

as the instructions say in the book received with the printer. to troubleshoot do this...  which I did, uninstalled rebooted, removed cd and unplug usb, loaded software then pluged in usb and still get same error, cannot install this hardware error occured during this installation of the device the specified module could not be found..

someone help please

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
alosak
4 4 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,
same problem, do yuo have resolved the problem ?
0 Kudos
DGDanforth
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also just bought a 4630 and have the same problem (Windows XP) BUT after finally figuring out how to enter numbers on the key pad I was able to get the device to recognize and accept my wireless connection HOWEVER when attempting to print the software claims it could not communicate with the printer BUT the printer worked just fine and I was able to get at least 8 pages of high quality text.

So, it looks as though HP is SNAFU, the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

I'll keep playing with the software to see if I can clean up this mess.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation