Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i forgot my password for my officejet pro 8620 printer. How can i retrive my password 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Since this model of printer is a consumer model by default it has no password. Since you set the password and don't recall the password or have miss placed the password you will have to preform a reset on the print. It will reset it back to default settings. Please follow the steps below to do this.

1. Turn your printer ON
  2. With the power ON, disconnect the power cable from the rear of the printer
  3. Leave the power cable disconnected for 30 seconds
  4. Plug the power cable back in
  5. The printer will start back up on its own

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Since this model of printer is a consumer model by default it has no password. Since you set the password and don't recall the password or have miss placed the password you will have to preform a reset on the print. It will reset it back to default settings. Please follow the steps below to do this.

1. Turn your printer ON
  2. With the power ON, disconnect the power cable from the rear of the printer
  3. Leave the power cable disconnected for 30 seconds
  4. Plug the power cable back in
  5. The printer will start back up on its own

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. .

HP Recommended

This is helpful

HP Recommended

This solution does not work. It is still locked with a username and password in it.

HP Recommended

Hi community!

The information in the following link may also help:

Find the wireless network password or PIN to connect an HP printer

SofiaML
HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.