cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
chookl
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

how to scan in a file pdf with deskjet HP 2130 with unbunto 17

HP Recommended
all in one desk jet 2130 print
Linux

I cannot scan with linux to obtain a pdf file of a document

I tried with iscan or xsane without success . unknown peripheric

The print of a document works properly with linux  but not the scan function

The scan works with window 10

Can  you help me CHOOKL

2 REPLIES 2
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,473 13,316 1,373 3,613
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the forum.  We'll attempt to resolve your problem by using the Webscan.

First, we assume that your printer is installed via Network (either via Wireless or Ethernet connection)

1. Go to your printer and determine the IP address of printer e.g.  15.37.213.128
  2. Key the priner's IP address into your Internet Explorer web browser
  3. Go to Scan, there should be a Webscan option. If it says "You cannot use this function....", you'll need to enable it.
  4. Enabling Webscan : Click on "Settings"> "Security">"Adminstrator Settings" (just "Continue" if there are any warnings regarding Certificates)
  5. Under "Administrator Settings", there should be a "Webscan" option, make sure that is "Checked" and "Apply" or "Save" your settings.
  6. Go back to Scan and you should be able to see the options to Scan. Select "Document Source" to be "ADF", "Document Type" to be PDF and "Start Scan"!
  7. Once scanning is done, Right-click and save your file to the desired destination.

A video that shows this can be found here: (it's for Chromebook, but Webscan applies to any OS)

Scanning from Chromebook

https://goo.gl/fH4F1R

Hope that helps.

Please click the “Kudos Thumbs up” if this has helped you and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
chookl
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately my printer is not connected to internet and i use an USB wire

Thanks for your help but this way seems to me inadequate to solve my problem

Have you another sugestion?

CHOOKL

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation