cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ASC1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

hp deskjet 3550 driver for windows 8

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3550 Inkjet Printer
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have upgraded my PC and installed Windows 8.1 (64bit). After that I cannot install my HP Deskjet 3550 Inkjet Printer Product No. C8991A. I need the driver.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Tim-W-H
Level 7
722 722 58 77
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ASC1, you should be able to get that driver here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5268...

Let me know if you have any questions!

Tim-W-H - I work on behalf of HP. Words are my own and do not necessarily reflect HP.

If you feel my post solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" so that others can find it as well. Kudos are appreciated.

Kudos are always appreciated!

0 Kudos
ASC1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got HPPIW.EXE and download the same but one error message showing the driver for printer not correctly installed.

0 Kudos
Tim-W-H
Level 7
722 722 58 77
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What does the error message say? There's a few possible explanations, and HP has different guides for each (you can find a list here.)

If none of these guides match your error message, please let me know and I'll do some digging to see what might be going wrong.

Tim-W-H - I work on behalf of HP. Words are my own and do not necessarily reflect HP.

If you feel my post solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" so that others can find it as well. Kudos are appreciated.

Kudos are always appreciated!

0 Kudos
ASC1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot installed , I am attaching the snap shots of the same.

Untitled.jpg

@Tim-W-H wrote:

What does the error message say? There's a few possible explanations, and HP has different guides for each (you can find a list here.)

If none of these guides match your error message, please let me know and I'll do some digging to see what might be going wrong.

0 Kudos
castle12345
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ASC1 wrote:

I have upgraded my PC and installed Windows 10 (64bit). After that I cannot install my HP Deskjet 3550 Inkjet Printer Product No. C8991A. I need the driver.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,342
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @castle12345,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having issues installing drivers for your DeskJet 3550 on Windows 10. I'll be really glad to help you with this,

I did check and found that there are no drivers available for Windows 10, However, you can try to install inbuilt drivers. Which should help to fix the issue.

Here is the link: Click here

I hope this answers your questions, Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation