cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
momo Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

every time i am shutting down my computer, a window pops up saying hpqgpc01.exe-application error.

the exception unknown software exception (oxcoooooo5) location ox7581be16 appears.

0 Kudos
383 REPLIES 383
Lumenz Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

I have the same problem. It started since I installed the software and drivers for my HP C6380 wireless.

I am running Vista 64 bit OS, and also have occasional trouble with twain drivers; error with Twunk16 since installing the HP C6380.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
35 34 0 2
Message 3 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

I have the same error. Vista 64 bit sp1 and a C6380 printer. Using the latest Hp software download for Vista 64. Hp updates installed also using the update tool. I have contacted HP several times and spent I'd guess over 10 hours on the phone and never got a real solution. I could not even get them to admit they have seen the problem before. They claim Microsoft is at fault and the problem is related to Vista sp1 and I (we) need to wait until they (Microsoft) fix the problem. I'm no dummy when it comes to trouble shooting problems. First hpqgpc01.exe has something to do with the memory card reader. If I rename the file and reboot the memory card reader still shows up in My Computer but does not work. The shut down error no longer happens but the use of the reader is lost so this is not a good work around IMO. I found an error in the event logs I think is related to the problem.

Event 10016 DistributedCOM 

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I know for a fact this error is caused by the HP software for the C6380 because if I uninstall the software the above error is no longer logged on every boot. DCOM networking and network devices. If you open regedit and search for {C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1} you can get the app id, in my case {344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B}. Opening Component Services administrative tool {344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B} should be listed. If it were the permissions could be adjusted to correct the problem. Trouble is {344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B} not listed and I have found no way to add it. I can't prove the cause of the 10016 error causes hpqgpc01.exe to error on shutdown but since hpqgpc01.exe is a network related program and some HP software is responsible for the event 10016 above I'd be willing to bet it is the trouble

Now HP has been told over and over by me what I have found and they claim its a MS problem. OK so today I called MS and spent 3 hours on the phone with one of their tech's. I went though my song and dance then the tech remote desk topped in to my PC and had a look around. He then said its obviously HP's problem. He said that the Software HP is calling 64 bit is just a 32 bit version with band aids to get it to work on Vista 64. He said that any Driver/software package should install into Program Files and not Program Files x86. HP has both 32 bit and 64 bit files in the x86 folder. Per the tech it should not even work at all.

See post 2

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
35 34 0 2
Message 4 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

Post 2

I have come to the conclusion either HP does not care to fix the problem ($) or they do not have the ability to fix the problem. Will it get fixed? Who is right HP? MS? who knows. One thing I do know is everyone that has this problem needs to report it to HP. If enough people raise a stink maybe they will get the problems fixed. Reporting it to MS is not a bad idea if you have the time. The call was free because HP claimed the problem is related to Vista sp1.

On a side note there are several things that do not get setup correctly by the HP installer. This is when installing the printer as a network printer either wired or wireless. I have no idea if the problem happens when connected by USB. I have 2 XP pro 32 bit sp3 PC's and 1 Vista 64 sp1 PC.. When installing the C6380 I find that not all the functions work. The start scan button is not configured correctly and does not work. You get an error stating the buttons need to be uploaded. Attempting to upload the buttons does nothing. This can be fixed by editing the scanto.ini file and changing count=0 to count=45 then save and close the file. Also you must run the Desktest.exe file and in the first drop down box change it from none to "web_app". Then close the program. I would have listed the paths to these files but they are deep so its best to search for them.

I also noticed on all three PC's that boot times were slowed to a crawl. I found that the HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service was hanging the PC's on startup.

On the XP boxes setting the service to manual helps eliminate the slow boot. On Vista setting the service to delayed start seems to work better. HP claims this service is only needed when when the printer is attached by usb. They told me to disable the service which I tried but the printer did not work correctly. The HP Digital Imaging Monitor also seems to hang windows on startup. This is run from the startup folder in the start menu. A work around is to drag the shortcut out of startup and run it manually before you need to use the C6380. I do this on two of the three PC's because I print/scan rarely on them. On my main PC I used Winpatrol to delay start the HP Digital Imaging Monitor 30 seconds. Using these two fixes all three PC's boot as fast or very close to as fast as they did before the HP software was installed.

I'd say the HP installer has some serious problems that needs fixing now!

My two cents

Bill
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
YrMyBoyBlue Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

Same problem = same lame HP evasion ("oh, that's a Microsoft problem") on my brand spankin new TouchSmart 816T and C6380.  I've installed at least 30 3rd party programs with no issue.  Install HP written software - random system halts, hang on exit.

As for it being a "Vista problem" - well, HP chose to play in the Microsoft sandbox.    HP needs to fix this.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Intern
Intern
8 8 0 10
Message 6 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

I believe that I have found a solution to the problem. Go to the Digital Monitor, open it, go to Settings, go to Printer Toolbox, go to Network Settings, open it to Wireless Settings and proceed. I set up my C6300 AIO using a USB cable to transfer the necessary files (passphrase & Key Code) directly to the printer and after 5 or 6 shutdowns I have not had the hpqgpc01.exe box pop-up again. I had originally set up the printer using the printed directions but it seems that I needed to set up my wireless settings using a USB cable. Let us know if this works for any of you. NOTE: I also had to set up the printer all over again ( the printer interface) while connected to the PC through the USB cable.  
Message Edited by TomR on 12-07-2008 07:58 PM
Intern
Intern
35 34 0 2
Message 7 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

Hi Tom, I have this problem using both CAT 5 and wireless. When using CAT 5 there is no wireless security so no keys are needed. I'm using cat 5 right now so I can't try your fix. When switching between wired and wireless I reset the printer to network defaults, then reconfigured from there. I even tried a clean windows Vista 64 bit sp1 install. Nothing seems to get rid of the error for me. The last time I called HP they had me disable the hpwusch2.exe in MSconfig. HP claims this service is responsible for closing all HP programs on shutdown and it was the root cause of the problem. This did stop the hpqpc01.exe error on shutdown long enough for me to think it was fixed. The next day it was back even though hpwusch2.exe was still disabled in MSconfig. Some other things I have noticed that could be related. System Information shows the printer disabled. If you generate a system heath report it also warns the printer is disabled. Device manager is clean and the printer works fine.
Pidouce Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

I contacted HP and MS about the error, they both refered me to each other.  Basicly, they choose not spend any resources on computers they already made money of.  Now, I am left with an error I can't that can't get fix.

The irony is I always refer people to buy HP computers instead of DELL and all others, unitl I bought my first laptop from HP.

Well, lesson learned!

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
8 8 0 10
Message 9 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

Ok, here is another fix that I believe will help those of you that are still having this hpqgpc01.exe problem. As I read this thread, most of you, if not all, have 64 bit systems. But you are probably running a 32 bit file system. So lets try this. Load your printer disc in your CD drive, then go to : START, CONTROL PANEL, PRINTER. Then right click on printer and go to properties. Go to SHARING. Click on CHANGE SHARING OPTIONS. Click CONTINUE. Go down to DRIVERS and click on ADDITIONAL DRIVERS.  X64 is the 64 bit driver, but remember that you probably have the files loaded in your X86 file which is 32 bit . Leave the X64 file alone, but click the X86 file. Then close out the program. When you go back, the file should show both the X64 & X86 file as Type 3 User Mode INSTALLED-YES. When you power down the computer you will still see the hpqgpc01.exe file pop up because you will need to restart the computer for the change to take effect. But after that, you shouldn't see the error sign on your next shut down. Hope that helps. Let me know if it works for you.

Tom
Tags (3)
Lumenz Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 10 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

Tom,

Your suggestion of adding the extra 32 bit drivers worked like a charm!

I am running Vista 64 on a Dell M6400 laptop and was experiencing the hpqgpc01.exe error on shutdown after installing my HP C63880 Printer.

Thanks a million for coming up with that solution! My C6380 may not be the most expensive printer I've ever owned, but it's definatelty my favourite so I'm extremely pleased theat my whole system is running in happy harmony again. I owe you one.

Cheers,
Mike.
NZ
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation