cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ladee_mel
Level 1
1 0 0 4
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

instant ink problems

HP Recommended
HP Instant Ink
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

How can I cancel my instant ink services so I am able to print without being locked out of my printer? I have had nothing but problems every since I signed up for this service. Printing was so much easier before I chose your instant ink mess of a program. I cant access my instant ink account because the email address was wrong when I registered it and I have had customer support reset it but it still is not correct. I own a business and its really ubsurd the hassle i am facing just to print . Im extremely dissatissfied with HP

12 REPLIES 12
Donal_M
Level 9
3,763 3,450 367 716
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you've been having problems with your printer setup.

I've included a link here to the dedicated Instant Ink support page which should help resolve your issue.

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
inquiringminds7
Level 3
7 7 0 36
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Me too!!!  I HATE the "instant ink" plan.  It is a total SCAM!!  They locked me out of my printer even though there is still PLENTY of ink there to print many many more pages.  But I CAN NOT print until I go out to the store and purchase another ink cartridge THAT I DO NOT NEED, and install it.

INSTANT INK is a SCAM, and I'm VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED in HP. I bought HP because I thought they were the best.  Never again after this sham.

Donal_M
Level 9
3,763 3,450 367 716
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You shouldn't be locked out of your printer - The Instant ink subscription is a page plan subscription which mean that once the subscription ends, no further pages can be printed using your instnat in cartridges. If you re-subscribe, the instant ink cartrdiges will print again.

"

Keith13b
Level 3
12 11 0 16
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Donal_M:

You honestly are locked out of your printer.  I cancelled my subscription, but still have plenty of ink from when I purchased the printer (meaning not instant ink refills).  Once I cancelled, HP still binds me to the page limitations of the ink that came with my new printer for a whole month including billing.   When the heavenly day comes that I am no longer enslaved by this corrupt service, my original ink cartridges will be shut down.  Meaning HP took back ink that I not only paid for when I purchased the printer, but subsequently had to pay for again every month after month.  Excede your page limit and just wait for the big charges to stack up (which you wouldn't have to pay if you never signed up in the first place).  For anyone reading this who wants to try this scam.  Please wait until you run out of your original ink before signing up. I tried contacting HP to get a refund on what I paid into the program since I am still on my factory ink cartridges, but was never able to get in touch with anyone. 

Buyer beware!

Donal_M
Level 9
3,763 3,450 367 716
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Some printers come with instant ink ready cartrdiges that once enrolled switch to instant ink cartridges but stay as trade if you don't enroll. Some of the free month deals are dependent on enrolling within a set period which you may have done.  The overage charges are clearly stated upon sign up so the additional charges should come as no surprise.

If you have unsubscribed, you will need to use trade supplies to print again as you won't be able to use the original supplies that were enabled as instant ink supplies when you enrolled. 

"

Keith13b
Level 3
12 11 0 16
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your are very correct, and that is why I am posting so others do not fall into this trap.  When you buy a printer, it comes with ink. If you never sign up for instant ink, you can get the full life of that ink.  When purchasing the printer I was lied to, and told the supplied cartridges have less ink than a normal cartridge.  This is simply not true.  I put over a year on my factory cartridges and that is about what I get out of other ink cartridges.   Now, when you sign up for instant ink, you are forfiting the ink you paid for from the factory.  The cartridges become controled by HP and now you are tied to a page count.  Low and behold I got a few months free, then I was buying back the very same ink which I already paid for.  This makes no sense at all.  This is a scheme, and a corrupt one at that.  When you cancel, you don't get to keep your original ink cartridges, as HP shuts them down remotely.  And yes,  I was aware of the page count, so I was not surprised; but bust the count a few times and you paid for new cartridges.  A concen people need to be aware of, is; if you are printing a single address label...thats a page.  Printing something that has a blank page at the end; that counts, too.  Canceling a print job, that blank page that fed is counted.  Those blank pages add up if you aren't careful.  I was an unfortuinate reciepant who printed an Excel document with oversized margins.  Lost a months worth of printing over "printing" completely blank pages.   And, if you cancel, you will not get refunded your money and they force you to stay enrolled for another cycle.  Talk about being enslaved to a printer!

I read all the complaints, and yet in your previous post, you admit to all the shortcomigs of the program.  Everyone, please read the post above this....read it carefully so you understand what you are signing over.

inquiringminds7
Level 3
7 7 0 36
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Umm, Yes. I WAS locked out of my printer.  I realize that HP does not take kindly to the term "locked out."  Call it whatever you want.

Donal_M
Level 9
3,763 3,450 367 716
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Keith13b Just to be clear - blank pages are not counted towards your page count. Only pages with print on them count towards your page count.

"

Geovol
Level 1
13 11 0 2
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You do not own the ink...HP does, you pay for page count read your terms...

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation