cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
berto035
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post

officejet 4630 Install/Wireless Install Windows 10

HP Recommended
Officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Officejet 4630 printer was not working.  I un-installed printer to re-install it.  After several attempts to re install printer through the cd that was given to me with the purchase and also trying to use HP's website for drivers, still no luck.  Also, my computer won't find the printer with the HP print and scan doctor, nor will it connect to the printer through wireless.  Literally, nothing is working.  So, will Windows 10 just not work with the officejet 4630, or is there actually something I can do to get my wireless set up to work between my computer and my printer?

Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,784
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @berto035,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I noticed that you cannot install your HP Officejet 4630 on Windows 10 wirelessly. I am happy to look into this for you! 

Please try the steps within these guides: 

1. 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10).
  2. Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection.

The following tips can help you troubleshoot and avoid wireless connectivity issues. You can try these tips separately or in combination to get a successful wireless signal.

• Move the printer and the computer closer to the router, but no closer than 6 ft (1.8 m). Wireless signals can be weaker at greater distances between the printer and the router.
  • If you are experiencing an intermittent wireless connection, try restarting your router. Consult your router manufacturer, Internet service provider, or network administrator for instructions on how to restart the router.
  • Remove any metal objects between the printer, the computer, and the router. Objects such as refrigerators, microwaves, or metal bookcases can interfere with wireless transmission.
  • Move any device that emits radio signals, such as microwaves and cordless telephones, farther away from the printer. Such devices can interfere with wireless signals.
Wireless Printing Center Icon
Visit HP's Wireless Printing Center (in English). You will find information on preparing your wireless network, setting up your printer, and reconfiguring your system.

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope this helps! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
dmw4630
Level 1
3 3 0 4
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same printer HP 4630 that was working fine with my computer and wirelessly with Windows 7. When I upgraded to Windows 10 it stopped working. My wifes Windows 7 computer still works fine with the same printer over the same wireless network in our home. I have uninstalled, re-installed, followed every advise on every forum to no avail and it still will not work.

THIS IS CLEARLY NOT A COMPUTER, WIRELESS NETWORK, OR PRINTER PROBLEM. THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE HP DRIVER AND/OR WINDOWS 10.

How do I know? Because everything works just fine on a virtual PC, running Windows 7, that is actually running on my Windows 10 machine that can't print to my Officejet 4630. All the hardware is the same and the virtual PC is actually NAT'ing through the network interface on my Windows 10 machine. Only difference is the OS on the virtual machine. I am using the same (latest Officejet 4630 drivers and software as well.

HP, you need to work with Microsoft and Fix this! I'm about to trash this HP and buy an Epson.   It's bad enough you rape us on the ink costs. You could at least own up to this problem and spend a little of that profit from ink sales on fixing this.

dmw4630
Level 1
3 3 0 4
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry duplicate post due to HP's problem on their site.

0 Kudos
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,784
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
dmw4630
Level 1
3 3 0 4
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank You. I look forward to hearing from someone and I am willing to work with them to help resolve the issue.
glenn-ho
Level 1
10 8 0 2
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I hvae the same problem. worked fine with win 7 now no matter what i do uninstall and reinstalled several times. Used support thru problem link on install which proved worthless. Works fine on another computer wireless runing windows 7 same network. Have an older HP laserjet on same networks working on both win 7 and win 10. Must be a problem with drivers on win 10. Can someone from HP contact me?

dleblanc146
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Has the wireless issue been resolved.  It works on USB, but not wireless.  Please update.

0 Kudos
glenn-ho
Level 1
10 8 0 2
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i ended up only using it as a network printer with win 10 and connected usb to win 7 computer. not sure i will ever buy another hp printer. goodluck. hp never tried to help me.

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,214 13,162 1,339 3,474
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @glenn-ho

Thanks for using the forum.

For your Win 7 PC, can you try to Convert USB to wireless?

1. Go to Start

2. All programs

3. Go to HP

4. Go to HP Officejet 4630

5. See if there is an option called "Convert USB to Wireless"

6. Follow the instructions there to convert your USB to WIreless 

Hope that helps.

PS: hope your printer model have the Convert USB to Wireless option.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation