Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-17-2015 10:29 PM
Officejet 4630 printer was not working. I un-installed printer to re-install it. After several attempts to re install printer through the cd that was given to me with the purchase and also trying to use HP's website for drivers, still no luck. Also, my computer won't find the printer with the HP print and scan doctor, nor will it connect to the printer through wireless. Literally, nothing is working. So, will Windows 10 just not work with the officejet 4630, or is there actually something I can do to get my wireless set up to work between my computer and my printer?
11-19-2015 11:11 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I noticed that you cannot install your HP Officejet 4630 on Windows 10 wirelessly. I am happy to look into this for you!
Please try the steps within these guides:
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10).
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection.
- Move the printer and the computer closer to the router, but no closer than 6 ft (1.8 m). Wireless signals can be weaker at greater distances between the printer and the router.
- If you are experiencing an intermittent wireless connection, try restarting your router. Consult your router manufacturer, Internet service provider, or network administrator for instructions on how to restart the router.
- Remove any metal objects between the printer, the computer, and the router. Objects such as refrigerators, microwaves, or metal bookcases can interfere with wireless transmission.
- Move any device that emits radio signals, such as microwaves and cordless telephones, farther away from the printer. Such devices can interfere with wireless signals.
If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!
Hope this helps!
12-09-2015 11:08 AM - edited 12-09-2015 11:15 AM
I have the same printer HP 4630 that was working fine with my computer and wirelessly with Windows 7. When I upgraded to Windows 10 it stopped working. My wifes Windows 7 computer still works fine with the same printer over the same wireless network in our home. I have uninstalled, re-installed, followed every advise on every forum to no avail and it still will not work.
THIS IS CLEARLY NOT A COMPUTER, WIRELESS NETWORK, OR PRINTER PROBLEM. THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE HP DRIVER AND/OR WINDOWS 10.
How do I know? Because everything works just fine on a virtual PC, running Windows 7, that is actually running on my Windows 10 machine that can't print to my Officejet 4630. All the hardware is the same and the virtual PC is actually NAT'ing through the network interface on my Windows 10 machine. Only difference is the OS on the virtual machine. I am using the same (latest Officejet 4630 drivers and software as well.
HP, you need to work with Microsoft and Fix this! I'm about to trash this HP and buy an Epson. It's bad enough you rape us on the ink costs. You could at least own up to this problem and spend a little of that profit from ink sales on fixing this.
12-09-2015 11:39 AM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.
01-08-2016 04:58 PM
I hvae the same problem. worked fine with win 7 now no matter what i do uninstall and reinstalled several times. Used support thru problem link on install which proved worthless. Works fine on another computer wireless runing windows 7 same network. Have an older HP laserjet on same networks working on both win 7 and win 10. Must be a problem with drivers on win 10. Can someone from HP contact me?
01-24-2016 08:13 AM
Thanks for using the forum.
For your Win 7 PC, can you try to Convert USB to wireless?
1. Go to Start
2. All programs
3. Go to HP
4. Go to HP Officejet 4630
5. See if there is an option called "Convert USB to Wireless"
6. Follow the instructions there to convert your USB to WIreless
Hope that helps.
PS: hope your printer model have the Convert USB to Wireless option.
I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.