cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Luckyman903
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

only prints 1/3 of page then get error message on computer, both USB and wireless

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5530
Windows 8.1

Whether I am connected USB or wireless, the printer will only print about 1/3 of page, then error message on computer saying 'printer could not print'.  This irregardless if I am trying to print from email, a webpage or documents.  I have run the print and scan doctor and everything is checking out. It prints the test page fine, bopth in wireless and USB mode. I use Chrome if that is a detail you need. Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Jamieson
Retired
Retired
8,276 7,338 382 840
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Luckyman903 , and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I understand you're having print output issues.  I would like to help!

I would suggest Uninstalling the Printer Software.

Once it is uninstalled, I would suggest putting your system into clean boot mode within the Microsoft configuration.  You can do so by following this document: How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

Once the computer is in clean boot mode, I would suggest reinstalling the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation