08-15-2012 07:40 AM
Have got the device status: "General Printer error", with no alphanumerical code in Mac Control panel for Photosmart B110.
Have tried everything. Rebooting the printer several times after making sure there are no jams. Unistalled software and installed again. Tried to get Fault Diagnostic tool, but there doesn't seem to be one for Mac.
Anyone any idea what the problem could be?
08-15-2012 09:05 AM
Try performing a "reset print system" on teh Macintosh and then reconnecting to the printer.
To reset the print system perform the following:
1. Open System Preferences
2. Click on the Print & Scan
3. <control> click or <right> click in the box listing the current print queues.
4. Select Reset printing system...
5. Enter admin User Name and Password
6. Reboot the Macintosh
7. Try setting up the printer again