cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"General Printer error", with no alphanumerical code in Mac Control panel for Photosmart B110

Have got the device status: "General Printer error", with no alphanumerical code in Mac Control panel for Photosmart B110. 

Have tried everything. Rebooting the printer several times after making sure there are no jams. Unistalled software and installed again. Tried to get Fault Diagnostic tool, but there doesn't seem to be one for Mac. 

Anyone any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 9
Level 9
746 712 61 196
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"General Printer error", with no alphanumerical code in Mac Control panel for Photosmart B110

Try performing a "reset print system" on teh Macintosh and then reconnecting to the printer.

To reset the print system perform the following:

1. Open System Preferences

2. Click on the Print & Scan

3. <control> click or <right> click in the box listing the current print queues.

4. Select Reset printing system...

5. Enter admin User Name and Password

6. Reboot the Macintosh

7. Try setting up the printer again

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Ironbadger. Have done all that, but I still have "General Printer Error", and won't allow me to print

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
Level 9
746 712 61 196
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dang.. was worth a shot.  The Photosmarts are not really my niche.  Hopefully someone else can jump in.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation