cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
spankyc2011
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"USB not connected" when attempt to scan on C4240 All-in-One

Downloaded drivers from HP site for the C4240 All-In-One but continue to have trouble - can print just fine but when I attempt to scan it prompts error "USB not connected"

Running Windows Vista   - downloaded appropriate drivers from HP downloads

Have run through these exercises NUMEROUS times, uninstall printer - download drivers - install drivers.  Also get error at very end of install saying install was not successful.  Followed prompt to resolve (essentially uninstall & reinstall yada yada)   NOTHING is working. 

As I said, the printer is detected and operating fine but I cannot scan.  Have swapped out USB cable with others - to no avail. 

Suggestions?   

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Sumida
5 4 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have this issue when attempting to scan by useing the control panel on the printer. I can access scanning through the following pathway: Control panel - Scanners and cameras (not printers...) - HP Photosmart C4200 -- Scanner and Camera Wizard opens up - follow the wizard to complete a scan.

0 Kudos
Sumida
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Better yet. Once you get to the Scanners and Cameras in the Control panel right click on the icon and create a shortcut to the desktop for quick access. I hope this works for you.

0 Kudos
tstandaert
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to scan (USB not connected), but able to copy and print from computer. Unable to scan using control panel and 'Camera and Scanner'.  Was able to scan using Widows Photo Gallery, from File, bring down 'Import from Camera or Scanner', then import.

0 Kudos
TIREDOFITALL2
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've had two HP printers and one CPU.  NOTHING but hours of frustration and problems.

Buy Toshiba and Epson and be done with all this time wasting.  What a train wreck HP is.

0 Kudos
TIREDOFITALL2
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The use of the photo gallery IS THE SOLUTION  Shame on you HP, and nice going to who ever came up with this
crafty little end-around solution  WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Kev76
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The scanning feature that I've never been able to use actually worked when I went into the control panel and selected the scan option for the printer.  Thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation