Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 3630 all in one printer
iOS

when setting up the wireless on my iphone the direct-95-hp deskjet..... is found in the wifi list but it askf for a password to enter it.  why, it is new out of the box and there is no password in the packaging and manual

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Key in 12345678 as password.

Hope it works. 🙂

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

By default, the Wireless Direct feature, is enabled. This feature let you connect mobile devices ( including Laptops ) to connect printer wirelessly to print.

To ensure there is no Un Authorized access to you printer, a password is set. ( Which can be disabled by user).

Click HERE to find more info on Wireless Direct Printing.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your question. You may refer to the link below:

http://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c04577030

Under "How do i print from a mobile device that does not support Wifi Direct?"

1.On your printer, turn on Wi-Fi Direct.

•For printers with a control panel, touch the Wi-Fi Direct icon to display the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.

•For printers without a control panel, press the Information button to print a report that includes the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.

•If the printer does not have an Information button, press and hold the Resume button for 2 seconds to print a report that includes the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.

Hope it helps! 

I am an HP employee. Although I am a HP employee, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.