Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question
the printhead installed is not intended for use in this printer or is damaged..
Replies (17)

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor
Message 11 of 18 (3,933 Views)

Re: the printhead installed is not intended for use in this printer or is damaged..

[ Edited ]

Glad that the device is now working for you.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Student
Message 12 of 18 (3,915 Views)

Re: the printhead installed is not intended for use in this printer or is damaged..

model #309a same prob as others any solution

Retired
Message 13 of 18 (3,895 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi jacko1

I understand you are getting a message for the printhead not being detected on the Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer - C309a.

I included a document for cleaning the printhead.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01794817

This document will provide steps for checking the cartridges and printhead cleanings.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03957991

Hope that helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 14 of 18 (3,408 Views)

what is the problem and how can it be solved

Honor Student
Message 15 of 18 (3,318 Views)

I cannot follow the suggestions because I cannot get to the setup to clean the printheads.  This message is blocking my entry.

Please help.

Student
Message 16 of 18 (3,207 Views)

I get the above message ..it worked fine before.Installed new ink cartridges  no help

Honor Student
Message 17 of 18 (3,195 Views)

On the advise of a member of the forum I cleaned the PRINTHEAD AND CATRDGES and the problem was solved.

I was under the impression that I had advised and thanked the forum at the time but if my message was not received I apologise.

VLATERO

Honor Student
Message 18 of 18 (3,194 Views)

The printhead and catridges must be cleaned mannualy

VLATERO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation