cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
zwoman1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

there is no computer connection

Have an HP Officejet J6480 All-In-One printer.  When trying to scan the readout shows "There is no computer connection."  I have checked all of the connections and restarted the computer and the printer-scaner and the same message still comes up.  If anyone has had this problem I would so appreciate the help.  Thank You

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
843 768 57 341
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

there is no computer connection

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. There are few ways you can do scanning from the Printer

1. Make sure you downloaded latest HP software and installed it.

2. From PC, launch HP printer application (Start->Program files-HP->printer model->Hp Model series) or the solution center and double click scan link to do scanning

OR
3. Any third party applications like Paint program, click file and choose insert the image from scanner.

4. If it is connected via network, then you can use your browser to make scan, Here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HbWpgww5I-M

If any of above option doesn't work, then  Please Download and run the Printer doctor tool to find and fix your problem

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL50849/mp-135113-1/HPPSdr.exe

Happy Printing

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation