cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Print on matte paper (I use what printer calls for) doesn't match what is in word document

HP Recommended
HP Envy

I have a document in Word and sent it to my HP Envy printer using cardstock (this is for a greeting card). The printer either is picking up the paper too fast (?) or not reading the document correctly because the printed page isn't centered on the page as it shows in the word document. It is actually 1/4" off.

Help!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,855 9,844 923 1,577
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @Imagiframes – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand that you are facing issues while printing on cardstock paper. To help you better, I need to know the operating system on your PC. Also, what is the printer model number? Please reply with the details.

Assuming you are using a Windows PC, try to change the printing preferences as suggested below:

1. Go to Control panel – Devices and printers.
  2. Right-click on Envy and select “Printing Preferences”.
  3. Under the Paper/Quality tab, change your paper type to "Cardstock".
  4. Make sure to select the correct paper size as well.
  5. Now, come to the program that you are using to print the cardstock (MS Word, Wordpad e.tc.), and change the paper type to “Cardstock”.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks --- but there is not a pull down for "cardstock", only HP matte or other matte

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,692 7,685 426 597
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ Imagiframes,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

It looks like you were interacting with @Dvortex, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

In order to assist you better, please let us know the model number of the unit and the operating system installed on the computer by checking the links below:

1. HP Product Model Number

2. Windows Operating System

3. Mac Operating System

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 7645

Product No. E4W44A

Windows 7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,692 7,685 426 597
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Imagiframes,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I suggest that you perform a reset on the unit by following the steps provided below:

1. Disconnect the fax or USB cable and then turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2.With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

3.Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

4.Wait at least 60 seconds.

5.Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

6.Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

7.Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. The printer might go through a warm-up period. 
8.Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If the issue still persists, then I suggest that you contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation