Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP laserjet pro mfp m180mw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can somone know how to overturn recent HP "update" which causing problem indicated as "supply problem". It happend after recent November update.  It blocks using aftermarket cartridges and unable printer to print or connect to wifi.  I research online and it seems like it is HP intentional push to buy their original toners. 

My Laserjet Pro MFP M180nw - $400 - printer became usless brick. Buying new cartridges for over $200 from HP not even knowing if it solve the issue?   It s not going to happen.

Hp is known from doing similar action in the past.

Is Hp action to pushing update preventing or rather disabling printer which using other then original cartridges is legal overall? Is it not "steering" to buying their own cartridges?

I would love to join class action lawsuite if you know any in this matter.:)

I know one thing for sure. If I dont fix it  or they dont undoing it  in next few day I m done with any HP products and never buy any again. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.