Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
ENVY Laptop 17-ae103nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe (500 Mb) is compatible to substitute the ENVY Laptop 17-ae103nl system disk? (SDD 128Mb).  Technical specifications of new SSD are:

- Interface:  PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3

- Form factor: M.2 (2280)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Albert_b0720

Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe should work. 

HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Albert_b0720

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please refer to page#2 of the Service Guide for the compatible SSD configurations. The SSD listed are tested by HP with the computer. 

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita6658, thanks for your response.

The mentioned  Service Guide  reports the "M.2 solid-state drive specifications" for 128 and 256 Mb, and the "M.2 PCIe solid-state drive specifications" only for 256 Mb, 512 Mb and 1 Tb.  (see pages 72,73, as well as pag 33)

Note that in another document:  https://support.hp.com/it-it/document/c05867510   the SSD device is instead described as "128 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD".

So, my problem is: can I mount the Samsung 970 EVO 500Mb, form factor M2(2280), interface PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 NVMe 1.3, on my computer that originally mounts a 128Gb device?     

HP Recommended

@Albert_b0720

Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe should work. 

HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.