Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laser MFP 137fnw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is very strange as when I scan any photo/document the 2mm space from all sides is cut off or missing. To test this I took a red colour A4 size paper and wrote very small LEFT TOP RIGHT on the sides. When I scan and select A4 size from HP MFP Scan or HP Smart softwares and even the Windows Fax & Scan software the scanned image has white lines on all sides (left,right, top & bottom) where my small writing should have been. This is not just with A4 size, I have tried with Letter size and A5 size and even passport and ID cards, no matter what size I choose to scan 2mm from all sides is white and rest of the image is scanned properly.

I have tried different PCs, tried reinstalling drivers, tried updating/downgrading firmwares. All have same issue.

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-09 at 11.36.34 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-03-09 at 11.36.34 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-03-09 at 11.36.34 PM (2).jpeg

Scan_20210311_123857 - Copy.jpgScan_20210311_123857.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.