09-13-2017 02:31 AM
I've just forked out $700 today for an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 PCL-6 after being encoruaged by my IT Support person to move from a Brother to an HP Printer. May have been a big mistake!
Even the tech guy who delivered and installed it cannot work out how to set up the Scan to Network function! I've been trying myself but can't - I keep getting asked for names and passwords I don't have.
This has to be the clunkiest, most difficult piece of technology I have ever bought.
Please help or it's going back for a refund.
09-20-2017 09:09 PM
Thanks for using the HP Forums.
THis resource may help you :
(different printer but steps should be similar.
Hope that helps!
I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
09-20-2017 09:33 PM
thanks for choosing HP product, and I am very sorry to hear your bad experience with HP printer and Support.
we'd like to help on your "network scan setup" issue, but could you please elaborating more on what exactly you want to setup? is it Scan to Network folder or Scan to Email?
Before we know what happened, I am attaching some solution documents for your reference first
HP LaserJet Pro MFP - Scan to a network folder
HP LaserJet Pro MFP - Set up Scan to E-mail in the HP Embedded Web Server
I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
09-21-2017 02:51 AM
Please try these, thank you.
1.Connect the PC and the printer into the same subnet.
2.Create a shared folder with the read and write permissions on the PC.
3.Check the IP Address of the PC and the printer.
Set up scan to a network folder in the HP software
- Open the HP software. For more information, see Open the HP Printer Assistant.
- On the Scan tab, click Scan to Network Folder Wizard and follow the onscreen instructions.
Set up scan to a network folder in the EWS
- Access the printer’s EWS by typing the printer’s IP address in the browser.
- Configure the valid Scan to Network Folder setup.
- Go to Front Panel, follow the steps.
- Change the settings as you want on FP.
- Click ‘Start Scan’.
- After scanning successfully, go the shared folder on the PC to check the Scanned out file.
Hope it helps.
[Although I am employed by HP, but I am speaking for myself, and not for HP].
06-18-2019 08:25 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!