cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Fax setup wizard - You cannot use this function because it has been disabled...

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I click on the Fax Tab on the embedded Web Server, I get the following message:

You cannot use this function because it has been disabled. For more information, contact the person who set up the printer.

I have done a complete factory reset twice and still get the message.

Help!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,500
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FrankPSB

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer and read that when you click on the Fax Tab in the EWS page of the printer, a message appears saying "You cannot use this function because it has been disabled. For more information, contact the person who set up the printer." A factory reset could not help. Not to worry, I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

During my research I found that we will have to perform a semi full reset on the printer. By doing this, the printer will restore to its original factory condition. All settings will get reset and it may disconnect from the wireless network (if connected). You have have to setup the printer again.

A private message has been sent with the reset instructions.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know. 

Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP PageWide Pro 477dw MFP i have the same problem with this printer.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation