Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simga
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan to Network Folder not working after update to Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra

all mentioned workarounds did not help. Is there any software update regarding fixing this issue planned on hp's end?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,795 17,705 1,015 1,120
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@simga

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Printer. I understand that scan to network is not working after Mac OS update and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

Provide the printer model number?

How is the printer connected to computer, wired or wireless?

Are you getting any error message while printing?

Meanwhile:

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Update the printer firmware.

Click here and refer the document to update the printer firmware.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
simga
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sandytechy20 Thanks for your reply.

My Printer is a "HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M277dw" and it is connected via Ethernet to my home network.

I have performed a power reset following your steps and checked for a firmware update (which was not available, so my printer seems to be on the latest firmware) - both actions did not help. The problem persists.

I can confirm, that the network folder is  perfectly read- and writable from other devices (windows and mac) using the same credentials as the printer uses - so it must be some problem on the printer's end, not a permission/configuration issue on the network share.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,795 17,705 1,015 1,120
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@simga

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand the issue better now.

Have you tried to assign a public DNS to the printer? I have seen at times that the issue is fixed by assigning a manual google DNS address for the printer. Follow the steps below:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Ethernet (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)
  • Restart the printer and the router once done.

Now, go to http://hp.care/2s1wJvl and follow the steps under "Scan to a network folder" for MAC. Create a new folder and then try to scan.

Let me know if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation