Highlighted
Level 1
3 3 0 3
Message 51 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan to Network Folder not working after update to Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi Sandytechy20,

I would like to know the Solution as well...

Isn‘t it better to write the actual standings here in the forum, instead to write it to private messages?

Thanks, Joh

Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 52 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Which means we will never get a response from HP. Then they will have to admit it’s “their” fault instead of Apple.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
13 12 0 4
Message 53 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP released two updated HP Easy Start drivers on Oct 22 and Nov 15.  But none of them works.  Instead of waiting for HP's solution, I'm asking if any tech guru here who can find a solution or workaround. 

I'm not a tech expert, but i've a hint regarding the problem because i encountered similar issue when Apple upgraded to El Capitan.  And I used FTP (by opening it at Terminal) instead of SMB for communication at that time.  It worked and no further issue since then.

I suspect the cause is the same:  Apple updated the SMB3 further for high sierra for higher security purpose.   Apple even closed the FTP at high sierra now.  And so I cannot workaround this time.  

Same issue and some workarounds have been out there at forums of other printers, not just HP's.  Googling by keywords "SMB and High SIerra" can generate a long list.  Some of them are too technical for my understanding.  So I 'm asking if there are tech savvy to help.......

Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 2
Message 54 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issue with my HP LaserJet Pro M477fdw.  What a joke HP  come on already?!?!  I replaced my old OfficeJet in June due to compatibilty issues because you failed to support the printer (scan to network broke) but I got by with scan to email.  Now, scan to network is broken.  I'm on Mac OS 10.13.1. , Printer firmware: 20170728 and installed the latest HP Easy Start 2.8.0 (Nov 15 2017).  I rebooted everything, yeah yeah yeah and still no dice.  Funny that my macbook which I didn't upgrade right away still worked but once upgraded it broke!  

You know HP... I bought this printer because I got tired of lack of support for my old HP along with printer ink refills @ $100 a pop drying up before I could use them completely  Now this... AGAIN.  And to top it off, your scan to email does not work if you use Google 2-factor authentication.  So what do I have now?  We have Lexmark MFPs at my office and I think I might be giving them a good look next.

Highlighted
Level 1
10 8 0 3
Message 55 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is definitely something that Apple didn't include with High Sierra or discontinued because on my other Mac running10.12 it works fine. I came across this website that talks about how SMB is crucial when working across devices and shared folders(https://www.tweaking4all.com/os-tips-and-tricks/macosx-tips-and-tricks/smbup-mac-os-x-smb-fix/). This could be the answer to our problem. I haven't had the opportunity to install SMBUp but it may be worth a try. If anyone tries and it works , please let us know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 1
Message 56 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cofresi wrote:

It is definitely something that Apple didn't include with High Sierra or discontinued because on my other Mac running10.12 it works fine. I came across this website that talks about how SMB is crucial when working across devices and shared folders(https://www.tweaking4all.com/os-tips-and-tricks/macosx-tips-and-tricks/smbup-mac-os-x-smb-fix/). This could be the answer to our problem. I haven't had the opportunity to install SMBUp but it may be worth a try. If anyone tries and it works , please let us know.

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 57 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having the exact same problem as everyone else here....but with my MFP M477fdw.  I've tried all the solutions listed here...except the most recent one about SMBup, whatever tht is.  I've deleted and reinstalled, I've created new folders and shared connection for a dedicated scan only folder, I've checked and uncheked boxes, I've pwoered down, up, left and rights, I've made offerings to the Gods and even sacrificed a lamb last week.  (Okay, it wasn't a lamb, but a lamb/beef gyro I ate while doing some of this stuff.)  BUT IT STILL DOESN"T WORK, NONE OF IT!

So, I'll use the USB thimb drive work-around again for a few days until I get sick of it and then I'll have anotehr go at it.  (Maybe chicken schwarma next time?  Although today is Chicken Mexi-cali salad from Trader Joe's and that doesn't seem to have pleased the Gods....)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 2
Message 58 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SMBup is a stand-alone version of SMB (independent of the SMB built-in to Mac OS).  I remember using this years ago when my ancient HP OfficeJet had the same problem scanning to network folder.  I'm reluctant to try this again due to security concerns.  You set up sharing and permissions using SMBup.  The problem is that HP needs to fix their firmware to work with Mac OSX 10.13.x.  I'm glad I'm getting emails about earning badges and ranks... that makes me feel like something is being done... :indifferent:

0 Kudos
4 4 0 0
Message 59 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wanted to share this piece of information, which perhaps will help to identify the problem and bring a solution.

When my Mac Pro automatically updated High Sierra with the latest Security update released November 29, 2017, I performed a scan and it went through like a charm with no problem at resolution above 75 dpi. However, this worked only once and after a reboot of the Mac Pro my HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fdw isn't able to scan to my network folder. My guess this has something to do with security settings/issues. But I am no expert on this.

Hope this will help somehow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 60 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Also, for what it is worth, a scan will pass-through to my desktop iMac if it is of very, very small size.  How do I know this?  Once I tried to scan a page using the AutoDocumentFeeder but I had not inserted the page into the ADF far enough.  So the scanner scanend the platen (flatbed), which of course was empty.  it then produced a scan of 40kb size.  Which is on my desktop.  But try to place a regular letter or other document on the flatbed and scan it....and I get the same result of not being able to scan to network folder.  So it is somehow involving a size of document being transmitted issue.  

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation