Level 2
6 5 0 6
Message 1 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan to Network Folder not working after update to Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra

HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw
Other

I have an issue with my HP LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw and Mac OS High Sierra 10.13. It just started after the OS Update. I had this same  Computer and Printer with the same settings working for about a year with no issues. 

When I select 'Scan to Network Folder' the document scans, attempts to save a file (you briefly see a Scan.pdf file appear in the folder but after about 1second it disappears), and then on the Printer the following Error Message Appears:

"Cannot write to \\stacy-desktop.local\Macintosh HD\Users\Shared\Printer Shared.  Destination folder is read-only, has the wrong permissions or is no longer available"

What I have tried:

• I was on the phone with Apple Support today for over an hour and they could also not explain the issue on their side. They even double checked all my folder permissions (via Remote Support), all of which seemed correct. Read&Write for everyone was enabled, including for folder contents.
  • The newest drivers from 25.Sept2017 HP Easy Start 2.7.0.175 did not help either. 
  • I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer entirely --> no improvement or change.
  • I tried Scanning to a different folder, not under Shared --> no improvement or change

Here is the error message below. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 2.02.48 PM.pngScan to Network Folder Error Mac OS10.13 and HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M277dw

100 REPLIES 100
Level 16
Level 16
25,851 25,579 4,582 10,002
Message 2 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I could set a network shared folder with High Sierra and the M277dw with no issues at all...

Please ensure your printer firmware is up to date:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/FW_CPE_Consumer/Nebula_K5/M277_MFP_Series_FW_Update-2016092...

If the same persists ensure your folder is shared correctly from your Mac with read & right permissions for your user account.

As well ensure under System Preferences > Sharing that File Sharing is enabled.

Within the options screen ensure that SMB is enabled and the user is marked for Windows File Sharing.

Please let me know of any problem,

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
leefis
Level 2
6 5 0 6
Message 3 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ShlomiL, 

Thanks for responding so quickly to my post.  Unfortunately, the problem persists. 

my Firmware is already up to date. I reinstalled it again from the link that you posted just to be sure.

From the HP Printer Web Interface :

Firmware Datecode: 20160921

Additionally, I have File Sharing enabled under System Preferences-> Sharing  (with SMB Enabled)

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.59.37 PM.pngFile Sharing Enabled

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 9.03.53 PM.pngSMB File Sharing Enabled

Finally, as mentioned, the permissions for the folder are set to read&write for Everyone, and explicity set to read&write for myself as well. I had the Apple support person check here as well just to be sure, and also tried a different share folder under my user folder, with no change :

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 9.14.21 PM.pngFolder Permissions

I'm really not sure what else to check at this point, but please let me know if you think of anything else. 

redirts
Level 2
10 7 1 8
Message 4 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same here. Waiting for a solution!

0 Kudos
redirts
Level 2
10 7 1 8
Message 5 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please try scanning with color, A4 and 300 dpi. The scanned file would appear and quickly disappear in a second. Strangely, scanning to network folder works fine for lower density or with black and white. I am very frustrated with the behavior, which only happened since upgrading to High Sierra.

Cofresi
Level 1
10 8 0 3
Message 6 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was able to scan to my network folder by setting the resolution to 75dpi color black & white and letter size. If I changed the resolution to a higher one it would not scan to the network folder. weird??

Airwalk
4 4 0 0
Message 7 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just to confirm Cofresi that I have the same result: Scan to network folder at 75 dpi B&W works but higher resolution e.g. 300 dpi and color is not working ... 

0 Kudos
Cofresi
Level 1
10 8 0 3
Message 8 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, it only happens when the resolution is higher than 75dpi

szech
2 2 0 1
Message 9 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem here. At 75 dpi it has no problem writing into my network folder. At higher resolution, the file appears briefly in the folder and then disappears. Same error message on display. 

orinoco_womble
4 4 0 1
Message 10 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree with all the posts in this thread.

The transition from Sierra to High Sierra has broken Scan To Network, for anything except low resolution/file size.

At high resolutions/colour, the file appears briefly in the shared folder on the Mac, and then disappears.  The printer tries in vain, but eventually produces the reported error.

It appears there is some problem with writing large amounts of data across the network, for some reason.

Cheers,

O_W

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation