cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Pram_z
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Bluetooth not working after upgrading to Win 8.1

HP Recommended

Hi,

After upgrading to Win 8.1, The Bluetooth in the system is not working. It was fine in Win 8.

I installed the latest Mediatek drivers (SP65235), and Bluetooth installs, but does not fully pair with my headset or with my mobile.

I check the Ralink folder under Program files (x86), and I see only one folder Program Files, but not all the the other software or drivers required for bluetooth to work properly. I have reinstalled many times, but the same issue.

Need help ....

My PC is

Model # :  HP Pavilion 15-n006ax Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

Wireless : Ralink RT3290 (Wireless as well as Bluetooth)

Bluetooth Hardware ID :

USB\VID_148F&PID_3298&REV_0000
USB\VID_148F&PID_3298

Rg,

PRam

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Lil_Lisa27
Retired
Retired
2,122 2,806 126 325
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Pram_z,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

From what I have read over, you do have the latest driver available for the Mediatek Bluetooth driver. I would suggest running through the document 'Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 😎', as some times the Bluetooth connection can be a little picky. Now if you are still not able to pair Bluetooth devices, I would suggest the document 'Fixing Bluetooth Problems'. Now I know that some of the steps in this document are for Windows 7, but still can be used for Windows 8.1.

Please let me know how the above steps have worked for you.

Thank you. Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation