cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FillyJump
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Can't find driver in DriverStore directory, but it exists.

HP Recommended
HD5000S External Drive
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I hope that I never need to restore from my ImageBackup, but I may need to. I backed up to my HP HD5000S external drive(formated to NTFS) with no problems. But I would like to have the driver and associated files to a seperate CD disk if my PC looks for the driver on restore.

I can't find my install CD for the drive, and I can't find the ATAPI driver(ATAPI DVDC DH48C2S SCSI)  in the c:\...\....\DriverStore  .inf directory. Also, I don't know the associated files that go along with the driver to copy that too.

I went to HP download for the driver, and where it asks for the operating system, the only option is Vista, no Win 7. It tells me there is no driver for that system or words to that effect.

If there is a way to copy the files from my directory to a CD, then I'll have the driver ready just in case.

None HP downloads sites sometimes gives you a few more drivers than you need, but that only confuses the choice. Also they are not secure sites. The best option is to copy directly from the driver directory to the CD.

As an aside, you would think the MS backup would make the reference to where the driver for every drive is located in the directories it has just backied up instead of asking us for it. It knows where they are too.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation