cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cyril_C
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Data protector & Veeam images

HP Recommended

Hey

I'm trying to backup veeam files (vbk , vib) using HPDP incrémental mode . The goal is to backup only new files with something like 2 weeks retention

So i did a first complete backup of my veeam directory with permanent retention , and then modified the job to set a 2 weeks retention for the following backups:  it did the trick for 2 weeks but this morning , HPDP did a new complete backup , not only the last files created during the night

Veeam retetion is also 2 weeks so maybe this behavior is normal ...when the files composing the full backup reference are deleted , the next backup becomes a complete backup

Any idea? Maybe this is not the correct method to backup this kind of files ...i have seen a post where the administrators use symbolic links in a dedicated backup directory to backup only the files they need

1 REPLY 1
Dennis_Handly
Level 7
1,515 1,086 30 59
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is the wrong company for Servers, Storage, Networking and Software. Please use the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community:
https://community.hpe.com/t5/Data-Protector-Practitioners/bd-p/itrc-251

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation