cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
VBarnett
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Error message "not connected to the internet" but we are~! "Solution could not be downloaded"

HP Recommended
HP G72 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Error message "not connected to the internet" when running MS troubleshooting or repair items...but we are~!

MS "support" directs us to contact HP for help.

HP site directs us to Forums.

WTH???  CAN ANYONE HELP US??? Hey, HP!  where can I get a download to reinstall this?  reinstall option is not available, so I can't "uninstall and reinstall"!!!

Example. 

When running Microsoft Office Starter 2010 receive "must be repaired" error message:

MSOffice2010Click2RunERROR-1.png

So, you click "Yes" and get this:

MSOffice2010Click2RunERROR-2.png

So you follow the directions.  (FYI I must have done this and rebooted, etc etc. a bamillion times.)

And you get this: 

MSOffice2010Click2RunERROR-3.png

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???  WE ARE CONNECTED!!!  And, this is not the only program that does this connection thing.

So, we have two problems here.  The Office Starter program issue, and the "not connected to the internet when we really are" issue.    (or, maybe three issues...see below.)  What can we do???

Oh, here's another one!! And, we get similar messages whenever we run MS Troubleshooter utilities.  None ever work.

SolutionCouldNotBeDownloadedERROR.png

Save

Save

Save

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation