Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-20-2015 10:00 AM
So I have the HP Client Security Manager downloaded on my computer and everything works fine. I've downloaded the HP Client Security Manager extension for Chrome, but I can't enable it under chrome://plugins because it doesn't even show up there. I've enabled it under Chrome extensions, but I can't find a way to enable it as a plugin, so it won't work at all.
I just downloaded Windows 10 yesterday, so I'm guessing there's either issues with that, or just with Chrome.
Anyone have a solution?
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-16-2016 09:01 AM
To everyone who has been curious about HP's response to me:
Please find the document here from Google chrome support
Google has stopped allowing NPAPI plugins on September 1, 2015.
HP is aware of this issue and the development teams is working on some solutions for this issue .
Thank you for contacting HP.
A HP representative also contacted me via phone and told me to expect a solution around July 2016.
I hope this has enlightened the HP community.
03-02-2016 07:04 AM
I'm also having this same problem and I'm running Zbook G3 and I prefer using Chrome. I have the Client Security Manager activated in extensions, but can't find it from the plugins manager.
Did hp ever look into this?
03-05-2016 05:49 AM - edited 03-05-2016 07:33 AM
I am unable to integrate HP Client Security with my Chrome browser and according to your Customer Support Forums / Blogs, I am not the only one who has this issue. I have made a screen shot for each part of the proposed process to demonstrate the issue:
Step 1 – Second part of browser steps: (this is after completing the first part of the browser steps):
*Note: the plugin is not shown.
*Note: No NPAPI feature is available to be Enabled… not sure if this could be because Step 1 was not completed fully (as per the above).
Step 3: is the same as the second part of the Step 1 browser steps…
:smileymad::smileymad::smileymad: Adding frustration to the issue is the fact that the notifications bubble continually comes up to telling me to complete this Browser Integration Process:
*Note: All of the Reviews of this extension are complaining about this exact same issue!!
HP Support - If you have a solution or even a comment about this please advise ASAP.
Apart from HP not participating in support forums about this issue to admit there is a problem in the first place (and save their customers time & frustration looking for a solution that is not available) it is very confusing to have the failing plugin step twice (in Step 1 & 3) in this process, as this adds doubt to the user as to whether the process is being completed properly, fully or is correct at all.
I and all others with this issue eagerly await a response and a solution.