cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
emeraldwolf180
Author
Level 1
10 9 0 3
Message 11 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm guessing it may be a Windows 10 or Chrome issue. Maybe just Chrome?
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
digitalkudos
4 2 0 1
Message 12 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@emeraldwolf180 wrote:
I'm guessing it may be a Windows 10 or Chrome issue. Maybe just Chrome?

Hello!

I'm running win7 pro 64 so it's not only win 10. 

NSM1979
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having the same issue.

zaabulla
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I have the same issue but with firefox

extention is disabled because it can't be verified

Capture.PNG

Luke131
Level 2
2 2 1 7
Message 15 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To everyone who has been curious about HP's response to me:

Please find the document here from Google chrome support

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033?hl=en

Google has stopped allowing  NPAPI plugins on September 1, 2015.

HP is aware of this issue and the development  teams is working on some solutions for this issue .

Thank you for contacting HP.

A HP representative also contacted me via phone and told me to expect a solution around July 2016.

I hope this has enlightened the HP community.

View solution in original post

emeraldwolf180
Author
Level 1
10 9 0 3
Message 16 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for the heads up!
stephen_ford
Level 4
134 65 6 23
Message 17 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This appears to be marked as a solution. I wonder if this is the result of an HP intervention...

But this is NOT a solution, it's confirmation of the problem, so it should not be marked as asolution.

And what is even more annoying is that HP contniue to offer it as an update. I installed the HP update and fell straight into the same problem that all you guys have been fighting with over the months. Now I have to rewind to the previous restore point...

SHAME ON YOU HP !!!

hpG2
2 2 0 0
Message 18 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I still cannot find a solution to this problem July 2016. I have just updated to the newest version of windows pro 10. Anyone got any clues on this matter, or has HP just washed their hands of the problem?

stephen_ford
Level 4
134 65 6 23
Message 19 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My solution albeit unsatisfactory is to remove all the HP security s/w and not use the FP reader.

I mean, for goodness' sake - this is my business PC! This debacle trashed my weekend. Weekends are short enough as it is (becasue of accounts, paperwork & so on) without it being sabotaged by a stupid company who have no interest in making sure that it's customer's systems are safe.

Thank G*d HP are not involved with aircraft control systems... they aren't are they ??!!

Quite honestly the manager responsible for this system needs to lose his job, or at the very least to be demoted. It's a scandal. It's careless disgraceful behaviour... I'm livid...

KevinW2
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 20 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, its 2+ months past July, where is the solution?

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation