cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ihatehp1
1 1 0 1
Message 21 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

3+ now. lets go hp

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
neocomments95
1 1 0 0
Message 22 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I hope this is a joke. 

In September 2013, Google announced that it would phase out NPAPI support! 

Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface (NPAPI)

You guys not only haven't bothered to keep this piece of software updated but have let down several of your customers with finger print scanner on their laptop.

I bet you guys sell those laptops with at least 100 USD premium on your regular models. 

Class Action Suit incoming!

:Surprise:

stephen_ford
Level 4
134 65 6 23
Message 23 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I believe that half the problem here is that this post has been marked "Answered", so I suspect that it will not appear on an forum stats of unanswered questions where it may get pushed along a bit more. So further posts may just be ignored including yours... 😞

I have created a duplicate question here which I hope will at least be a thorn in HP's side so to speak. I am thinking that should contributors continue posting there instead of here then at least there is a chance that grievances may be seen.

Tags (1)
emeraldwolf180
Author
Level 1
10 9 0 3
Message 24 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I haven't checked this thread for a while, and I'm also very annoyed that it's been marked solved. Especially since the whole July 2016 solution was not true. I'm just starting to get more upset with HP and hope they actually try to fix this.
Fat_Manatee
Level 1
2 2 0 4
Message 25 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So unfortunatley the same goes for Firefox. So there is a much more descriptive and transparent answer from FF that actually put me in a better headspace about this.

"....

Between the two versions of Firefox that you mention, additional security has been put in place to protect people from malicious add-ons. This has involved the add-on developer (the person that made the add-on) applying to Mozilla to get it verified.

Many add-ons developed by small groups of individuals have completed this without a problem, however some people (including some large companies) have used this as an opportunity to remove support from an add-on they no longer wish to provide...."

This is actually a very simple fix as there should be a site (similar to this FF one) for Google Chrome. Now as you see above it is most likely something HP can fix but choose not to. I kind of saw this coming when the biometric scanner almost didn't work unless you downloaded the updated version of HPCSM (which you couldn't find easily on the website).

Hope this helps a little. It did for me. I chose to use an app from my mobile phone as a reference for my passwords.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation