cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ro_Yo_Mi
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP ILO Powershell commanlets return Exception on call

HP Recommended

Hi I just downloaded and installed the latest HP ILO commandlet package. When I run a simple command I get the an error which I don’t understand. I’m hoping you can help me.

I’m running on a Windows 7 64bit desktop with the 64bit version of the HP ILO package.

PS C:\Windows\System32> $psversiontable

Name                           Value
----                           -----
PSVersion                      4.0
WSManStackVersion              3.0
SerializationVersion           1.1.0.1
CLRVersion                     4.0.30319.42000
BuildVersion                   6.3.9600.16406
PSCompatibleVersions           {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0}
PSRemotingProtocolVersion      2.2

Here is the command and resulting error message I’m getting:

PS C:\Windows\System32> Get-HPiLOServerName -Server usraciPV100-r  -Username "RILOE_ADMIN" –Password "password" -DisableCertificateAuthentication

Error - 10.250.66.11 - usraciPV100-r - Error retrieving information from iLO Exception calling "UploadString" with "3" argument(s): "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found." At C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PowerShell\Modules\HPiLOCmdlets\HPiLOCmdlets.psm1:19218 char:25 + throw $retobject.err + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ +CategoryInfo :OperationStopped: (Exception calli...4) Not Found." :String) [], RuntimeException +FullyQualifiedErrorId :Exception calling "UploadString" with "3" argument(s): "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."

I’ve verified the ILO name is correct. The ILO is running version 2.05. It’s online and running. And I can log into the ILO with the username and password. I get this error message for any of the ILO’s in our environment.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dennis_Handly
Level 7
1,515 1,503 30 63
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is the wrong company for Servers, Storage, Software, and Networking. Please use the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community:
http://community.hpe.com/t5/Remote-Lights-Out-Mgmt-iLO-2-iLO/bd-p/itrc-298

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation