cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JRecktenwald
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP My Display no longer partitions screen

HP Recommended
HP My Display v.2.10
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I've been using HP My Display v.2.10 for the HP ENVY 34c monitor via HDMI from a docked Lenovo Thinkpad E550 running windows 7/8/10 just fine. However, when I switched the same monitor to my Lenovo Thinkpad L430 via MiniDisplayPort adapter to HDMI, the HP My Display no longer works for partitioning the screen.

I can go under the HP My Display advanced settings and check the box for "Enable partitioning", select a partition option, and click "Show partitions", and nothing will happen. If I close the dialog and reopen the program from the system tray, the "Enable partitioning" box is unchecked.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, monitor/display/program drivers, and the HP Support Assistant (Which tries to redownload the same up to date Intel display drivers that are already installed). Is this an issue with the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 card?

3 REPLIES 3
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,084 179 340
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@JRecktenwald,

Welcome to HP Forums. One stop for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Unable to have partitions on the screen. Is that right?

I will definitely help you.

You can try reinstalling the Microsoft .NET Frameworks 4 and above on your Lenovo l430 and check if HP My display works.

The software seems to be a commercial unit. I recommend you reach out the commercial support for further diagnosis and support unit the link below.

http://hp.care/2doZ7BJ

Let me know if this helps.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
JRecktenwald
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reinstalling Microsoft .NET Frameworks did not work. I tired the latest 4.6x version. The "newer" version of HP My Display 2.2x also does not have the partitioning feature and doesn't resolve the issue.

Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,084 179 340
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@ JRecktenwald,

Thanks for the reply.

Then I recommend you reach out the commercial support for further diagnosis and support unit the link below.

http://hp.care/2doZ7BJ

Cheers.

Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation