cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Anudeep2
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

I have unknowingly deleted permanently some of the SWsetup files in my Laptop,how to restore them?

HP Recommended
HPPavilion15-ab219TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have unknowingly deleted permanently some of the SWsetup files in my Laptop and there are some weird files like desktop.ini are showing everywhere.How to solve this problem?please help me fast

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,858
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Regarding the files deleted from the SWSetup folder, I wouldn't worry about that - this is just the location that HP software and driver installers unpack to.  You can always just download the software installers from your Drivers Page if required.

Regarding the other issue, try the following.

Open windows Control Panel and in the top right, next to View by: select 'Large Icons'.  From the new layout, select the 'File Explorer Options' entry.  Select the View tab and then click the 'Restore Defaults' button ( bottom right ).

Click Apply and Ok to save the change.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,858
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Anudeep2

Open windows Control Panel, select the 'File Explorer Options' entry, then select the View tab.

Click the radio button next to 'Don't show hidden files, folders and Drives', then click Apply and Ok to save this change.

Do you still see the files now?

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation