cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Pignedoli
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Problem RGS 6.0.1 and Advanced Video Compression

HP Recommended

Hi all,

today i upgraded the RGS from version 5.4.8 to version 6.0.1 on one workstation Z220.

The upgrade process are finished fine, but when i try to enable the Advanced Video Compression  on the Receiver get this error message:

Spoiler

Advanced Features activation failed!

Activation failed for RGS Sender and Receiver. Internet access is required to activate HP Velocity and Advanced Video Compression feature. For networks that use a proxy server to access the internet manual configuration of proxy settings via the Settings > Network mey be needed.

I have configured the Proxy parameter but the problem persist.

In attach i upload this files:

Receiver Log file

Sender Log file

Screenshots of configuration and warning messages

Any suggestion?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Pignedoli
Author
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi all,

finally I have resolve the problem of proxy connection.

Now when i connect on remote computer RGS Sender show me this message:

ACTIVATION STATUS: Advanced Features temporarily activated!
RGS successfully activated advanced features for this session. However, it was unable to save activation data and will try again the next time you connect to a sender.

Where is a problem?

I attach log file.

The RGS version is 6.0.4, and the Sender is installed on Workstation HP Z220 with Windows 7 Pro 64bit, the Receiver is installed on Windows XP SP3

0 Kudos
mostlyharmless
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Realize this is an old thread, but it's the only one that comes up with this error message.  For what it is worth, for anyone else with this problem, I solved it by creating the directory /etc/opt/hpremote/registration manually.  Running RGS 7.1 under Linux (Arch) and sender from Windows 7 on a HP Z220. 

Under Arch Linux the directory is actually made in /opt, with a link from /etc/opt to /opt

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation