cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Prodesk 400 G2 and Biosconfiguration Utility !

HP Recommended

I have a problem with HP prodesk 400 g2 an the BiosConfigUtility64 ( BCU ).

If the programm is was started with the option /get: it seams that all wroks fine :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS Configuration Utility>BiosConfigUtil
ity64.exe /get:"test"
<BIOSCONFIG Version="3.2.3.1" Computername="DODPCSI0016" Date="2015/02/12" Time=
"09:26:03" UTC="1" >
<SUCCESS msg="Successfully read BIOS config." />
<Information msg="BCU return value" real="0" translated="0" />
</BIOSCONFIG>
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS Configuration Utility>

But the content of the file is this :

English
;
;     Settings file originally created by BIOS Config Utility
;     Version:3.2.3.1
;     Date:2015.02.12
;

When i trying to change something and use the parameter /set I get an error.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS Configuration Utility>BiosConfigUtil
ity64.exe /set:"test"
<BIOSCONFIG Version="3.2.3.1" Computername="DODPCSI0016" Date="2015/02/12" Time=
"09:28:46" UTC="1" >
<ERROR msg="Problem reading file: test " />
<ERROR msg="BCU return value" real="12" translated="12" />
</BIOSCONFIG>
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS Configuration Utility>

Anybody an idea. I must change the bios setting on 250 computers !

THX

Ivan

P.S. This thread has been moved from Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro to HP PC Client Management. - Hp Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 4
103 99 4 4
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We are currently investigating this.

Please use the HP PC Client Management forum for questions about BCU.

That is the forum that I try to monitor.

Although I sometimes look at other forums, I may not see your posts.

topics for the forum

/t5/HP-PC-Client-Management/Community-topics-HP-PC-Client-Management-Forum/td-p/6310851#.VNzUxrHnaUk

Link to the HP PC Client Management forum

Thanks,

Richard
I work for HP but am not a company spokesperson. Participation in the community forums is voluntary.
0 Kudos
Just joined
5 5 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error 12 should mean that the first line of the input file is not the word "English".

Thanks,

Robert

I work for HP but am not a company spokesperson. Participation in the community forums is voluntary.

0 Kudos
Level 1
9 9 0 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've noticed this recently with our first batch of ProDesk 600 G2 and EliteDesk 800 G2 models.  Previous G1 bios dumps included the first line 'English' but the G2's do not.  I had to manually add it for deploying bios changes.  Concering the bios changes, I mainly use biosconfigutility to set the setup password and enable TPM.  on the subsequent reboot with the new G2's I have to press F1 to Accept the TPM being activated.  I will not always have physical contact with a computer that i am imaging or reimaging.  Is there a way to truly remote activate or deactivate the TPM?  On a side note, another significant change that broke all of my wmi queries for os deployment was the Manufacturer name was changed from Hewlett-Packard to HP.  Again, that line was present in G1 bios dumps but not in the new G2 models.  Not a huge deal breaker, but is there any way I could have found all of this out prior to spending several days doing trial and error?

0 Kudos
Level 2
23 23 2 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried with the latest vesion of BCU 4.0.13.1?   It can be downloaded from here.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/download.html

To activate TPM remotely without physically press F1,  I think you can try this:

TPM Activation Policy

F1 to Boot

Allow user to reject

*No prompts

Embedded Security Activation Policy

F1 to Boot

Allow user to reject

*No prompts

Thanks,

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation