cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Akihe
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

RGS with router

HP Recommended

Hi!

Workstation is behind the router, where is the inner network. Everything works fine in this inner net. But when the mobile workstation (in this case it is also the license server) is outside of this network, the problems come out. So far port forwarding  property in the router is tried (btw, this works for Windows Remote Desktop Connection). I tried the default port number 42699 that is found from the manual ("The RGS Sender listens on TCP/IP port 42966 by default"). The router, however, wants two port definitions ("public", "private", the router is D-Link DIR-615). Should I use the same number for both fields? And should I direct my connection to the public address of the router? What is then the trick to get forwarded the connection to the certain workstation behind the router?

And the other direction: how do I get my tool to read the license from the mobile workstation's license server?

BR,

Aki

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Anuar_Obregón
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First of all you must define if the problem is port forwarding, firewalling (windows or D-Link) or anything else.

Try shutting down windows firewall on all computers involved.

You can also configure the internal workstation to be in the DMZ.

If getting the workstation to the DMZ fixes the problem then it is a NAT issue.

Let me know your results so we can fix it.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Akihe
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Couple of questions to clarify your ideas:

- when I'm opening the ports isn't that making the internal workstation to be in the DMZ (regarding the ports opened)?

- if not, what is the best way to do that (for test purposes)? I can of course direclty connect the LAN cable to the internal workstation but this requires to change the DNS etc. settings ... More handy solution available?

0 Kudos
Akihe
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem solved. The port forwarding works, the first trial I did was not correctly in the router done.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation