cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
wososh
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

RecoveryMgr.exe error

HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I have bought a new HDD to replace the old one on my HP Pavilion dv6. The recovery disk is booting and the Windows 7 instalation is initialised, but only while the old hard drive is inserted. The new, Toshiba 500GB (MQ01ABD050) is leading to the following error: The instruction at 0X800d030 reference memory at 0x0012ac60. The memory cannot be read.

What is wrong with the new hard drive? I formatted it numerous times, into various partitions. It is fully operational (works when connected via USB).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
venomous-Nerd
Level 4
135 134 7 31
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi mate does the recovery work only on the old hard drive? if it does the OEM keys only work on standard computer configuration anything changes it wont allow it to be activated however there's something containing inside your old hdd that the disk reads from hidden partition or something quite not sure it's a strange issue to occure. 

U.Khan
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation