cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
artsyhusky
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Reinstalling Windows 10

HP Recommended
HP pavilion 17 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I need help on how to recover a copy of Windows 10 for my laptop with a new hard Drive. I don't have a copy anywhere as it just crashed on me with no chance to do anything. Any help would be appreciated
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,458 90,335 11,615 24,905
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please download from the following link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

You can only install the SAME old version/edition with the valid key which is already on your computer and Windows will activate automatically when you go online. You don't need to enter the key during installation process, just pass this step.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

artsyhusky
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
So once I have this media creation tool on a USB drive I just need to plug it into my comp and it will load the OS from it?
0 Kudos
artsyhusky
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
So If I'll finally have the OS on a DVD. I put the DVD in drive and nothing happens. Any thoughts on this?
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation