cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

SDM not working as expected recently

HP Recommended

Hi

On the last 4 occasions that I have used SDM I have noticed a faulty behaviour, on 3 of these occasions it has been with newly delivered PC's. I start the application, it locates an update for SDM sp35546 and downloads and installs it, fine!

But after that it discovers the model and the OS correctly, I mark the available SoftPaq's I want and press install, it looks as if it is downloading, but when done I get an error message as in the images I have attached. Since they are in Swedish I will translate it says "Unexpected download problems occurred. Do you want to try again" and after it has doné another load of catalogue information it displays the available packets, but the one's I tried to download earlier now appears multiple times, it adds one row for every unsuccesfull attempt.

You can see that in the second image where there are several Synaptics, Intel and Realtek drivers of the same version.

Of  course I can download the packets I want from the webpage, but I kind of liked the SDM and would prefer to keep on using it, so if anyone has a solution for this??

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having the identical issue described by the user above across multiple models of HP laptops.

Attempting to install any available softpaq ends in the following errors: 

"Selected SoftPaqs are not auto-installable. They have been downloaded only" 

(should be noted that the progress bar never moves from "0 of X" when attempting to download Paqs) 

clicking "OK" on that message opens an additional dialog that states: 

"There were unexpected download problems. Retry?" 

clicking "Yes" does not produce a result, loops right back to the same errors with no downloads completed. Clicking "No" returns to the "Available Softpaqs" page where the items I had previously selected for install now display as duplicates. 

Version 3.6.0.0 SSM

version 3.1.15.1

worked fine in the previous version, recent update has broken this tool. Any help that can be offered would be most welcome!

0 Kudos
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having the same problems with the 4 different HP models we currently use

720 G2

740 G2

820 G2

840 G2

0 Kudos
Level 2
12 12 2 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for contacting HP SoftPaq Download Manager Forum. We appreciate this opportunity to assist you.

It seems you met the same problem as follows.

/t5/HP-SoftPaq-Download-Manager/Softpack-Download-Manager-3-6-0-0-fails-to-install-updates/td-p/6741...

Here is a workaround for solving your problem.

Use /FORCEHTTP command-line switch to force the SoftPaq Download Manager to use the http: protocol instead of the ftp: protocol. 

/t5/HP-SoftPaq-Download-Manager/FAQ-16-Using-HTTP-protocol-in-SDM/m-p/2366947#.VVDdMbEVGM8

We hope this message helpful for you.

0 Kudos
Author
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your solution suggest that I have a network issue at my premises, from the FAQ16 thread " if you are having network problems or if your proxy blocks all FTP access or does not allow passive FTP access, you may want to try and see if switching SDM to use the HTTP protocol works for your environment."

I do not have these network issues, I have several Probooks where SDM is working without problems even with SDM 3.6.0.0 which is the version it gets upgraded to in my example.

My conclusion is that the problem lies with the Elitebook because it is with those I have had the problem.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation