cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

SDM only newest Softpacks

HP Recommended

How can I configure the SDM so that I only see the newest Softpaqs. I don't need e.g. the latest three versions of a networkdriver, I only need the newest one!

And sometimes there are Softpaqs with different Softpaq number, but the driver version is the same. Usually I take the higher Softpaq number. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 2
16 16 1 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I apologize for the inconvenience you are having.

I just want to clarify a few things with you.

Have you used the "Show latest SoftPaq's" in the upper right of the All Available Softpaq's pane? This only works when selecting one platform and one OS at a time.

This will not remove all instances of the duplicate deliverables but it may reduce a few.

The main issue is how a deliverable is released. If it is set to supersede the previous version then the previous will disappear with the show latest version button. However there are some deliverables with broken supersede chains in which multiple versions will continue show up.

These issues you are seeing is something we are aware of and are working to fix for all future releases but those already released are a bit harder and slower to resolve.

Again I am sorry for the issue you are seeing but going by the latest SoftPaq number is your best bet today along with the Show latest button.

Please let me know is the button helps a little.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply!

I need the driver packages for integrating them into SCCM. So I typically choose several models of a series e.g. 2170p, 2570p, 8470p/w, 8570p/w and one OS e.g. Windows 7 Enterprise x64 / x86. Then I search for the avaiable softpaqs and choose the newest ones(normally the highest softpaq number if there are several ones for one hardware). Then I download  the softpaqs, use SSM to create the database. In my tasksequenz I use this package to install the drivers for my hardware models, I choose "Install Software" and as criteria for the right series I make WMI to the Base Board ID. So I can have different packages for different hardware (e.g. HPxx40 series, HPxx60 series, HPxx70 series,...) in one tasksequenz.

So it would be nice to have all actuall softpaqs for one series in one download package, just like the "HP Business Notebook xx70/xx75 Windows 7 x64 Driver Pack". I tried these packages, but it does not function for me, because not even all drivers were installed and we had to install some software packages later.

Also it would be nice when the sorting in the SoftPAQ download manager can be done in this matter: 1st Name, 2nd SoftPAQ Number, 3rd Version. In this case you can see the latest softpaq for a hardware is at the beginning of the list.

0 Kudos
Level 2
16 16 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I see how you are creating your own driver packs and am glad to see that you are at least able to get a functioning system.

I am not aware of any driver package issues for the xx70 series. If you could provide me with the systems and device ID's of the remaining bang outs after using a driver pack I would be more than happy to look into it.

Today we post all our packages and the latest versions here.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/drivers-pack.html

This is part of the main HP Manageability site http://www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement.

Please let me know what the failing device ID's are so I can look into the issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation