cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
qa-nix
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

SSM does not install preloaded softpaqs

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 820 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm dealing with this issue since Monday and it's driving me nuts.

I want do deploy the newest driver with the SSM for our Notebooks 820 G2 via USB Drive.

Downloading and preparing seems to work with the SDM.

I prepared the SSM and the USB Drive like it's said in the documentation, but when I start the SSM in update mode the SSM window pops up and closes without any error. It seems like the SSM doesn't find any packages to install and just finishes without doing anything. Becaus of that, I wanted to get a logfile, but the SSM seems to just ignore my demand.

The downloaded files look like this:

Unbenannt.PNG

I wonder why there is no *.cfg file but a *.html file in the folder.

The latest documentation I could find was published in 2014. In this documentation there is no word about any *.html files in the directory, but there should be a *.cfg file.

This is my commandline entry to start the program:

E:\HP\Treiber\SSM\SSM E:\HP\Treiber\SSM\SSM.exe /accept

This is the commandline entry to start the program and create a logfile

E:\HP\Treiber\SSM\SSM E:\HP\Treiber\SSM\SSM.exe /accept /debug /log:"E:\HP\LOG"

I'm pretty helpless and have no idea what to do next.

Hope you guys can help me 😕

Sorry if there are any mistakes, my english is a bit rusty.

best regards

Jan-Eric

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
MMAOffshore
5 3 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm also having the same problem but only with our brand new HP EliteOne 800 G2 PC's. I've updated SSM to include the drivers I'm missing (which is plenty) and launching SSM as a part of my Windows Deployment (WDS). I'm installing Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit also.

Every other HP PC make / model I have runs SSM fine. Almost all the drivers are typically installed and the EliteDesk 800 (G1) and EliteOne 800 (also G1) both get all their drivers fine via SSM. I also include a "Extra_Drivers" directory within the SSM Softpaq's there I will typically expand missing drivers. After Windows runs a Windows Update (part of WDS), these extra drivers are installed.

I've had to update the HP Softpaq Download Manager to 4.2.4.0 to capture the "HP EliteOne G2 23-inch Non-touch All-in-One PC" which is great.

HP Softpaq Download Mgr Version.png

SSM runs fine because the first component is executing Diskpart that creates the hidden partition for HP recovery. This runs perfectly on the EliteOne 800 G2, but NO other driver softpaq's are installing and the same missing drivers remain after SSM has finished. I always set WDS to reboot the PC after SSM has executed which is the standard task sequence I have built. If SSM reboots the PC then WDS returns an error.

SSM command being lanched by WDS

start /wait c:\windows\SSM\ssm.exe c:\windows\SSM /accept /noreboot /nu /nolog /to:600 /ti:"SSM executing from the Windows SSM Directory"

Why are none of the new EliteOne 800 G2 softpaq's running? Is there a problem with SP72437 which is the latest Softpaq Download Manager for the EliteOne 800 G2 (screenshot attached - please note the version is not current)

HP EliteOne 800 G2 Win7 64bit Softpaqs ready to go.png

My only option at the moment is to wait for WDS to complete its build, then RDP to the built PC and install all the missing drivers manually which defeats the purpose of SSM.

0 Kudos
Alex_1974
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have same problem here with for example probook 650 G1 and probook 450 G2. Any idea ?

0 Kudos
rodrigo0394
Level 1
3 3 1 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Alex_1974
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found out that previous downloaded files in c:\ssm caused my problem. From now on i always remove the c:\ssm folder before i start driver updates with SSM.

0 Kudos
MMAOffshore
5 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well my place of work has started purchasing HP EliteBook 820 G3 laptops. A very nice laptop. SSM is partially working for these machines. The diskpart section of SSM is functional where SSM creates its own hidden recovery partition (I think that's its purpose anyway) and the EliteBook 820 G3 BIOS update seems to want to install. No other drivers install via SSM (very annoying).

Operating system: Windows 7 Ent. x64

After Windows OS loads from WDS, there is a Microsoft generic bluetooth driver (c:\windows\inf\bth.inf) which is displayed in the device mgr as installed incorrectly (displays with a yellow exclamation mark).

SSM runs Diskpart, then the BIOS update, then basically hangs spinning its wheels saying drivers are installing but nothing happens. If I manually uninstall the Bluetooth driver, SSM seems to kick on but again, no other drivers are installed. SSM eventually restarts the machine but drivers are missing.

I've checked PnPUtil to see if I can (silently) remove the bth.inf incorrect driver prior to SSM starting but am struggling with this.

Anyone having any joy with SSM on the latest range of HP machines?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation