cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Upgrade for HP Simple Save software

HP Recommended
HP 2000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was recently trying to back up my hardrive using HP SimpleSave and got an error message UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and the backup was not completed. I'm wondering if the current software is compatible with Windows 10 (1.0.2.38)? Can you advise?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
27,513 27,273 2,412 8,892
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DebzTM

Welcome to the HP Community Forum - we are a community of HP enthusiasts!

@DebzTM wrote:

I was recently trying to back up my hardrive using HP SimpleSave and got an error message UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and the backup was not completed. I'm wondering if the current software is compatible with Windows 10 (1.0.2.38)? Can you advise?

I can advise based on my experience; I doubt you will like the answer.

SimpleSave, both the hardware originally purchased and the software that came with it, has not been supported for a number of years.  The software is no longer available unless you can find it on an uncontrolled, mystery website (which I do not advise using).  

The software is perhaps not entirely compatbile with Windows 10, although I have seen occasional remarks from people that they managed to at least connect the drive to Windows 10.

If you can do so, attach the drive to a working Windows 7 machine:  Retrieve all the data from the drive.

My advice is to replace the hardware - the drive is well past its prime and may fail at any time.

You might as well consider using backup software that does not depend on proprietary encryption, that is, the backed up data is not tied to the backup software.  Best to use a program that copies the data to the drive and leaves that data in a format where you can easily retrieve your files without needing the software.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation