cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dan_Asee
Level 6
415 406 40 111
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

hp client security Manager can't detect the fingerprint driver

HP Recommended

Hi

Does anyone have any idea about this, I have a probook 450-g1 windows 8 installed  and HP client security manager couldn't connect to the finger print reader I have updated the BIOS and installed the latest Client security Manager, but no fortune I have attached a screen shot can anyone please help meHP.jpg

Dan Asee

Click thumbs up if this post helped you

If this post Solved your problem mark it as the Solution

1 REPLY 1
SwangJang
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This may not solve your problem but I have an idea of what is causing the problem. ( I use probook 450 G0)

There are two different drivers for fingerprint reader on probook 450. That is the one given by HP and one from elsewhere (a different company's driver for the same hardware). 

The driver from HP does not work with Windows 8 native fingerprint logon feature. However, the other one does work with the native feature. On the other hand, the other driver does not work with HP Client Security software. Only the driver from HP works with the software.

I, myself, prefer using the Windows 8 native fingerprint logon so I deleted the HP driver and installed the other one. I only recently found out that this driver doesn't work HP Client Security software. 

The fingerprint driver you are using now is most likely not from HP, meaning that you may have got it from somewhere else such as 'DriverPack Solution' etc. 

My reasoning behind this is that when I had the HP driver installed, the description on Device Manager under 'Biometrics Devices' only said 'Validity Sensor (VFS495)'. When I installed the other driver, the description changed to exactly what says on your screenshot. Also, 'WBF' which says in the description stands for 'Windows Biometrics Framework' which means that the driver installed is specifically/exclusively for the Windows fingerprint logon feature. This may be the reason why your/my current driver does not work with HP Client Security software. As far as I know, HP uses a different code for fingerprint to Windows which may explain why one driver does not work for both the native and HP software. 

If your driver is not from official HP website, then that is the reason why it's not working with the software. 

If not, then I do not know.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation