cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RafaelMarcelino
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

iLO cmdlets for PowerShell - Help please

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

** I couldn't find the correct board that fits my problem**

Hello guys.

I'm trying the cmdlets of iLO for PowerShell, so far and after a while I'm not able to run the simple line:

Set-HPiLOHostPower -Server $srvILO -Username $username -Password $password -HostPower "No"

or

Set-HPiLOVirtualPowerButton -Server $srvILO -Username $username -Password $password –PressType Press

For both lines above, nothing happens!

After experiencing these issues, I tried manually clicking on "Momentary Press" button (Graceful Power Off) on iLO page, and nothing happend also!!

The strange part is that if the server is already down, the command below work fine (change parameter from "No" to "Yes):

Set-HPiLOHostPower -Server $srvILO -Username $username -Password $password -HostPower "Yes"

The BIOS option below, is currently enabled:

BIOS -> Server Availability -> Power Button.

The tests has been made on different servers, DL385p G7 and G8. I'm currently with the latest iLO firmware version.

I'm running out of ideas.

Thank you very much,
Rafael

1 REPLY 1
Dennis_Handly
Level 7
1,515 1,496 30 63
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is the wrong company for Servers, Storage, Software, and Networking. Please use the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community:
http://community.hpe.com/

http://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/bd-p/itrc-264

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation