cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jacqnewport
Level 1
13 6 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

software

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Greetings,

I recently received HP System Recovery disks for restore the OS on my Pavilion dv6 Notebook.  However, when I initially purchased my computer it came with Microsoft Office.  And when I try to re-install the software, it will not let me. 

I also purchased a HP Pavilion Elite HPE series desktop.  It had some issues  a while ago and I did a "restore" but when I did, I lost the Microsoft Office software. So I used the Office software that I had.  But I am guessing that the disks that I used were ones that I got with my Notebook.  I am guessing that for some reason I did not get any with my desktop.

I know that I bought Microsoft Office for both machines.  Is there anyway to look back in the records and get the "product numbers" for my Desktop Pavilion Elite HPE [(Serial# 2MD04206L0)  (Product # XM559AV#ABA) ???

Thank you.

Jacqueline Newport

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi jacqnewport, 

You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! It shows me that this came with a trial version of Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office 2007 Home. If you have the Software keys, you can download the Product here.

I hope this helps.

Please click the Thumbs up if you feel this post has helped you.

Thanks. 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
jacqnewport
Author
Level 1
13 6 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

** Previous message **

Hi jacqnewport, 

You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! It shows me that this came with a trial version of Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office 2007 Home. If you have the Software keys, you can download the Product here.

I hope this helps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I did get some "trial" versions, I actually purchased Microsoft Office Home - which I do believe was 2010 and not 2007...     I do not have the Product Keys (Software keys?) as my laptop crashed before I could get the product keys.  So what is my next step?

Jacqueline Newport

0 Kudos
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @jacqnewport,

If you actually purchased Microsoft Office Home 2010 it is not affiliated with HP and we do not have access to any product keys. Here is help to locate it. 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
jacqnewport
Author
Level 1
13 6 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

--Previous message--

If you actually purchased Microsoft Office Home 2010 it is not affiliated with HP and we do not have access to any product keys. Here is help to locate it. 

Thanks.

---------------------------------

Sorry I was not clear...  I "purchased" Microsoft Office Home 2010 when I purchased my HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook.  It came already installed on the machine.

Thanks.

Jacqueline Newport

0 Kudos
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jacqnewport,

You would have been given a key in the Paper work of the Notebook. Microsoft carries the keys, they are Microsoft Office product keys. There for Microsoft would need to give you the keys.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
jacqnewport
Author
Level 1
13 6 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

--Previous message --

You would have been given a key in the Paper work of the Notebook. Microsoft carries the keys, they are Microsoft Office product keys. There for Microsoft would need to give you the keys.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------

And that would be the problem...  I cannot seem to find my paperwork.  Do I have any other options?

Thank you.

Jacqueline Newport

0 Kudos
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @jacqnewport,

You would need to contact Microsoft. They might be able to help.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
jacqnewport
Author
Level 1
13 6 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Previous messages

Re: software

Options

‎05-12-2016 03:06 PM

--Previous message --

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------

And that would be the problem...  I cannot seem to find my paperwork.  Do I have any other options?

Thank you.

Jacqueline Newport

Re: software

Options

‎05-13-2016 06:24 AM

Hey @jacqnewport,

You would need to contact Microsoft. They might be able to help.

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did contact Microsoft and they said I had to purchase new Microsoft Office.   But since I have already purchased Microsoft Office when I purchase my Notebook, I can not afford to purchase it again.  Don't you feel keep records of sofotware purchased when you install in on HP machines. Don't you keep records of the paperwork of folks you creeated machines for?  Please let me know.

Thank you.

Jacqueline Newport

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation