Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

My photos are printing with one vertical line about 1cm in down the left side 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @LTracey61,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're experiencing a vertical line appearing consistently down the left side of your printed photos, it's likely due to a problem with either the printer or the photo paper. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue.

• Inspect the Printer: Check the printer for any visible debris or obstructions along the paper path, especially in the area where the vertical line is appearing. Clean the printer rollers and paper feed mechanism if necessary, as buildup of dust or debris can cause printing issues.
  • Use Different Paper: Sometimes, the issue may be with the photo paper itself. Try using a different batch of photo paper or a different type of paper to see if the problem persists. Ensure that the paper you're using is compatible with your printer.
  • Check Print Settings: Make sure that the print settings are configured correctly for the type of paper you're using. Adjust the print quality settings and paper type settings in the printer driver or software to match the specifications of the photo paper.
  • Update Printer Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest drivers and firmware installed for your printer. You can usually download these updates from the HP website. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause printing issues.
  • Perform Print Head Alignment: Most printers have an option to align the print heads, which can help resolve issues with misalignment or streaks in printed output. Refer to your printer's user manual for instructions on how to perform print head alignment.
  • Check for Ink or Toner Issues: If you're using an inkjet printer, check the ink cartridges to make sure they are properly installed and have sufficient ink levels. If you're using a laser printer, check the toner cartridge for any signs of damage or low toner levels.
  • Test Print with Different Software: Try printing the photos from a different software application or from a different device to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is specific to a certain program or device.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.