cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BurningHawke
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Constant Kernel 41 error with HP ENVY notebook, HP refuses to honor my extended warranty claim

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook - 15-ae107tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So it all started in about April of this year. Suddenly my laptop starts freezing up and becoming unresponsive out of the blue, with zero warnings or indications that something went wrong. So I contacted the store I bought the laptop from, and they sent it off to get looked at it by their repair service. No hardware faults were found, and they concluded that it was a "Third party software issue".

It got factory reset, and the problem STILL persisted. I contacted HP, and they said that if the store didn't comply with their warranty promises, they'd replace the laptop. The store didn't honor their warranty, and I went to HP with this info, and they did a complete U-turn and said "OH NO WE CHANGED OUR MINDS, WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING!"

Several months later, it's now halfway through October and my problem still exists. I had a kernel 41 error event on startup, before I even got to my login screen! I paid over 2k for this, extended warranty included (which is still valid!). I'm incredibly upset by this, now I know to never buy an HP product again in the future, because they don't honor their warranty claims or support their customers!

1 REPLY 1
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BurningHawke,

Welcome to the HP support forums and a good day to you. I have reviewed the post.

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 
You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 
Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Hope this helps. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation