cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pax-eterna
Level 2
22 12 0 2
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post

Solved!

Android Update

HP Recommended
Pro Slate 12
Android 4.4 KitKat

I have just got a new Pro Slate 12 with Kit Kat installed. I see there is an update to Lollipop, but I have read online that Lollipop 5.1 is the version to go for.

Can anyone advise what Lollipop version this update:  http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7398650&swItemId=ob_160433_1&swEnvOid=415... is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WyreNut
Level 15
16,285 14,836 1,042 2,107
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pax-eterna wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't turned it on yet, preferring to update it first, but I can do that I guess 🙂 If it is indeed Lollipop 5.0 willk it auto update to 5.1?

It will automatically update itself when activated.  No need for you to download anything!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
14 REPLIES 14
WyreNut
Level 15
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The Pro Slate 12 that I am using came with Android 5.x (Lollipop) originally installed. 

Are you absolutely  sure yours has Android 4.4.x on it?  The HP Support page does not list a KitKat file as available.

The file you have linked to is known as a "rebuild" or "recovery" file.  Updates are sent to HP devices OTA - Over The Air (via wifi).  Every one of them is named "update.zip", but your tablet may already have this installed.

To see if an update is available for your tablet, be sure the tablet is online and connected to the internet, then go to Settings/About Tablet then look for System Updates.  It will check and tell you if the tablet is up to date, or that an update is available.

WyreNut

pax-eterna
Author
Level 2
22 12 0 2
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't turned it on yet, preferring to update it first, but I can do that I guess 🙂 If it is indeed Lollipop 5.0 willk it auto update to 5.1?

PS: I am not sure how long the retailer had it on the shelf so that bis why I thought it may have been KitKat.

WyreNut
Level 15
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pax-eterna wrote:

It will automatically update itself when activated.  No need for you to download anything!

WyreNut

View solution in original post

pax-eterna
Author
Level 2
22 12 0 2
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cool, thx!

pax-eterna
Author
Level 2
22 12 0 2
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, need to update - I checked the System updates and it says version 4.4.4 is the Android version....what do I do now?

WyreNut
Level 15
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you click the "Check Now" button?

WyreNut

pax-eterna
Author
Level 2
22 12 0 2
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Couldn't see a check now button...but I tapped near the field that says Systme Update, and it seems to be doing something???

Android is a "bit" different to iOS  :indifferent:   haha!

I followed whatever it was doing and it now says 5.0 so that's progress I guess. It is now doing another one....

pax-eterna
Author
Level 2
22 12 0 2
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

okay, we now have another problem - after running through all the upgrades (it is now at 5.1.1) I did a power shutdown, however now when I press the power button, all I get is the battery charging graphic (white in the shape of a battery) and nothing else happens.

Tried a long press, and a short press, nothing! Battery level before shutdown was 40% so there i enough there to start it...

What next?

WyreNut
Level 15
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Press and hold the button for a longer time.  I've seen my loaner tablet do this also.

Usually about 10 - 15 seconds will wake it up.

(As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Pro Slate 12 at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.)

Progress!  🙂

WyreNut

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation